Tuesday 4 October 2011

Boo!

 Free Halloween Ghost Toy Knitting Pattern by Raynor Gellatly.

Halloween is coming, Halloween is coming, the geese are getting fat......
Spooky greetings my fellow knitters! Can you believe it's October already? To celebrate one of the biggest holidays of the year I've made this little ghost. He is quite small so I'm not sure what he is exactly, a little gift fot trick or treaters, tiny baby toy, part of a halloween costume or perhaps even a little decoration for a Halloween display. Whatever you chose to make him for I'm sure you'll agree he is far too cute to be scary, but he tries his best.

Remember to post you finished toy pictures to the flickr group or to your projects on Ravelry because I just love seeing how other peoples toys turn out.



Materials
• Set of 3.25mm needles (UK size 10, US size 3)
• Yarn needle
• Toy stuffing
• 6mm black safety eyes

Suggested yarn : Bernat Glow in the dark worm white (available here)

Yarn weight: Double knitting/ worsted weight

Gauge: not important but make it tight so stuffing doesn’t show through

Finished measurements: approx 4" tall

Click here for my abbreviation list

TOY SAFETY
Remember never use toy safety eyes on a toy intended for a child under 3 years old, they are a potential choking hazard, please embroider on any features so they cannot be easily removed by little fingers or gnashers!

Please click here for my copyright info


Head & Body
CO 6 sts in white
1. purl
2. kfb every sts (12sts)
3. purl
4. * kfb,k1* along (18sts)
5. Purl
6. *kfb,k2* along (24sts)
7-13. St-st for 7 rows
14. *K2tog, k2* along (18sts)
15. purl
16. *K2tog, k1* along (12sts)
17. purl
18. *Kfb, k1* along (18sts)
19-23. st-st 5 rows
24. *K2tog, k1* along (12sts)
25. purl
26. *K2tog* along (6sts)
27. purl
28. *Kfb* along (12sts)
29.purl
30. k2tog, k7, k2tog, k1 (10sts)
31. purl
32. k2tog, k5, k2tog, k1 (8sts)
33. purl
34. k2tog, k3, k2tog, k1 (6sts)
35. purl
36. k2tog, k1, k2tog, k1 (4sts)
37. purl

Cut yarn, leaving a long tail. Draw tail through remaining stitches and pull tightly and secure. Use tail to mattress stitch row ends closed stopping halfway to add eyes and embroider on a mouth and fill with stuffing. Close remaining opening and secure any loose yarn ends or create a loop if using as a decoration.

Arms
CO 4 in white
1-7. i-cord for 7 rows

Cut a long yarn tail and draw it through the remaining stitches,leave the remaining yarn tail to attach arms to body.

Happy haunting everyone.

7 comments:

Sheltie Times said...

He's adorable. What a great Halloween project.

Alyssa said...

Oh my goodness! I missed you :)

Caitlin said...

What a cute ghost! I'm the editor of AllFreeKnitting.com and I would love to add a link to this little guy on our site. Would this be all right with you? We also feature pictures of patterns we link to in our newsletters. All credit and links would go directly to you and your site.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Caitlin
Editor, AllFreeKnitting

Unknown said...

Hi Caitlin,
thats cool with me if you want to add the pattern to your site, fell free to spread the little ghost love around :D

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

I love your little ghost :)

Crochet Hottie said...

Really cute!! Thanks so much for sharing your adorable pattern!

Olivia.D said...

Sososososososooososososo CUTE!!! Every time I look down at him (mines called Bobby) I feel very happy! I can never find patterns that match my ability but this was perfect!
Thank u soooo much x